Dental Health with a Little Tooth Fairy Too!





This year we decided to spend a week learning about Dental Health and having a little Tooth Fairy Fun too.  For our focus we learned about diagrams and labels because we would be looking at a diagram of our mouth and a tooth, as well as labeling both.  Above you can see a snapshot of the literature I used over the week.  I LOVE the book "Open Wide" but it is a hard read.  The text is all over the place but it has great information.  When I saw that it was a Scholastic video, I bought it.


We began by making a class graph.  After we graphed our teeth lost, we created our own questions for the graph.  It is almost like being the teacher and they really enjoy this activity.


Next we read, "What if You Had Animal Teeth".  This is such a fun book.  We matched the animal with their teeth.  A great text to pair with this book is "Nice Try, Tooth Fairy".  The little girl wants her tooth back and the Tooth Fairy keeps returning animal teeth. 

For writing, we made a craft with our own animal teeth.  Then they wrote about what teeth they would have.


These are ALWAYS hilarious.

On the day we learn about our mouth and teeth, I like to read "I Know Why I Brush My Teeth".  There are so many wonderful books out there, but this one is informative and fun to read.  We label a tooth and look at our different kinds of teeth. We also focus on some important vocabulary.


I love to throw in some fiction too so we had to read Karma Wilson's book, "Bear's Loose Tooth".  Since we have read so many of her books, I thought it would be fun to make predictions.  Then we talked about Bear's Feelings.  They had to show proof from the story when Bear felt worried, frustrated, and happy.


We also wrote letters to the Tooth Fairy after reading "Dear Tooth Fairy". 


Another fun writing activity that we did was a "How To" piece.  We glued pictures in order of how to brush our teeth and then we used the pictures to write the story.  They really enjoyed this activity.


At the end of the week, we made these cute little Tooth Fairies which are currently hanging in our hallway.


I love how each one is different.  

With this craft we read "How to Catch the Tooth Fairy" and then did a writing about it.  This is free at my store, just click on the picture below to grab it.  


I hope you enjoyed a sneak peek of our tooth fairy week.  We did so much more and had loads of fun! 

Grab these activities here!






Signature

No comments

Back to Top